The Myrtle Beach Train Depot was originally built in 1937. It was used to transport vacationers in and out of town, along with box cars full of building supplies that helped build the city of Myrtle Beach.
In 1999 the private owner placed the depot on the market and after a huge outcry from the community, it was bought and saved by the city. Renovations were completed and the depot was re-opened in 2004. The restoration was awarded the 2005 South Carolina Historic Preservation Honor Award from the SC Department of Archives and History.
851 Broadway Street
Myrtle Beach, SC
call to visit
(843) 918-4906, (843) 251-6849